XenApp 6.5 by default install the desktop experience. Users now can enable an Windows 7 theme. There are 5 powershell scripts installed which can be used to make life easier
The scripts are located here: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\App Delivery Setup Tools″
- Adds Desktop Experience & XPS Viewer
- Moves Citrix Administration tools folder
- Creates a new Windows Theme and default wallpaper
- Starts Windows Themes service and configures it to start automatically
- Then runs CommonDesktopExperience.ps1
- Sets Themes service to automatic & starts
- Backs up existing user tile and copies a new user tile to user.jpg
- This powershell script not important to delivering Windows 7 look and feel
- Creates GPO’s that allow lockdown and personalization of shared desktop
- Customizes the task bar
- Has error checking not to double create links
- Removes server manager & powershell links
- Adds IE & media player links
- Applied at login via a GPO
- Create a news Windows Theme file by copying Basic.theme to the file specified in the ThemeFile parameter
- Configure the new theme to use the wallpaper specified in the WallpaperFile parameter
The following GPO’s are created by the New-CtxManagedDesktopGPO.ps1 script
CtxStartMenuTaskbarUser: Enables the Windows 7 look and feel for published desktops. It also changes the pinned shortcuts on the Taskbar and configures the user’s Start menu to match the Windows 7 environment. This GPO includes a script that executes when a user logs on to the server for the first time. To ensure the script executes correctly, the PowerShell execution policy on the server must be set to AllSigned.
CtxPersonalizableUser: Configures the user account that is accessing the XenApp server. It configures Windows policies to limit the available Control Panel applets and restricts users from installing programs, viewing properties, scheduling tasks, or shutting down the server.
CtxRestrictedUser: Includes most of the policies from the CtxPersonalizableUser GPO. Additionally, this GPO configures the Desktop wallpaper policy to prevent users from personalizing their desktops and prevents users from modifying settings for the Start menu and Taskbar.
CtxRestrictedComputer: Configures certain restrictions on the XenApp servers allocated to the tenant. This GPO restricts users from accessing Windows Update or removable server drives.