Self Service Plugin / StoreFront / Merchandising Server / Citrix Access Gateway (Part1)Here’s a little blog post about the StoreFront Express (CloudGateway Express) behind a Citrix Access Gateway and the Merchandising server. What I want is to deliver the Self Service Plugin to the end users as easy/simple as possible. In Part 1 I’m going to show you what the Citrix Receiver looks on Windows and OSX and how the Self Service Plugin looks. There are tiny bit’s about customizing the StoreFront. Oké here is my lab environment: If you want to know how the CAG and StoreFront servers are configured to work with each other, contact me Can’t give to much information on the post Remote users (To be exactly only me ) connect through de Citrix Access Gateway (looks like this): And when authenticating, they see their available applications, which are presented by the StoreFront server. Nothing new, nothing fancy Well the StoreFront looks kinda fancy isn’t it? Just like the Receiver on the iPad. And for the end users the same user experience. So what if the workstation doesn’t have the Citrix Receiver installed. What message will the StoreFront display? When checking the box and click on Install. The file will be downloaded from the StoreFront server. The file can be edited for your needs. When there is a new Citrix Receiver, you must add it to the StoreFront server and change a file to enable update. Here is a screenshot of the file: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\StoreWeb\web.config (Assuming default installation) Here you can change the stuff to your needs:
- Enable or Disable the PluginAssistant (To Disable the client installation offer from StoreFront);
- Enable or Disable client upgrades at login;
- Location and/or name of the installer files.
- At the bottom of the screenshot you see: ReceiverConfiguration. With this option you can enable or disable the left-bottom icon in the StoreFront website. What???? Here’s the screenshot
- Windows: Citrix Receiver 3.1 (Green look and feel self service plug-in);
- OSX: Citrix Receiver 11.4.3 (Dazzle look and feel self service plug-in).
- In Part 2, I’m going to talk about the Merchandising server. And how to deploy pre configured Receivers and plug-ins to the end points.
Trackback from your site.
Read more about Jeroen here